Did you know that the U.S. has some of the most spectacular beaches in the world? With over ninety-thousand miles of coastline there’s no doubt that you can find your beach.
From secluded Hawaiian paradises, to the hot Miami nightlife scene, to the family boardwalk atmosphere of Myrtle Beach, there really is something for everyone, and they can be close to home. Try out some of these U.S. beach experiences and find one that’s right for you.
Pick Your Spot – Top Beaches
- Stinson Beach, California – Stinson Beach sits at the bottom of the coastal range, along winding California Route 1. Once you get there you’ll find over three miles of rugged northern California beach with plenty of rocky tide pools for the kids to spend hours in. The town of Stinson Beach is cute and quirky, with funky restaurants and a few unique shops.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – Known as the Grand Strand, the sixty miles of coastline around Myrtle Beach are one of the top vacation spots in the U.S. A great place for the whole family, Myrtle Beach has live entertainment, waterparks and plenty of hotels and restaurants. Add in the warm southern waters and this may just be the best family vacation ever!
- Cannon Beach, Oregon – For a cooler and more rugged beach experience, for those who aren’t into the hot sun and sand, Cannon Beach is the answer. The town itself is lined with art galleries and restaurants, many with dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean. The beach is a beach walker’s paradise and the rugged Northwest feel is perfect for nature lovers.
- Waimanalo Bay State Park, Oahu, Hawaii – How can you pick one beach in Hawaii? You can’t, but Waimanalo is definitely one of the top. The attractions are the soft white sand against the turquoise blue water and the fact that this beach is off the beaten path and somewhat quiet. So, grab your beach sarong and enjoy some quiet in this little corner of paradise.
- Coast Guard Beach, Eastham, Massachusetts – Surfing is probably not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about Massachusetts, but Coast Guard Beach is known for its great surf. There’s a shuttle from the parking lot that takes you straight to the entrance. You can even catch sight of a seal colony from the shore.
- Santa Cruz Beach, California – One of the classic family-style beaches, complete with amusement park, Santa Cruz Beach is also a top spot with surfers. The view from the roller coaster is spectacular and there are plenty of activities, shopping and restaurants to keep everyone entertained.
- Siesta Beach, Siesta Key, Florida – The Florida Keys have always been known for their fine-powdered sands and laidback beach attitude. Siesta Key, located near Sarasota, is no exception. While you’re chilling on the beach or in the water, you may be sharing your space with dolphins, manatees, and pelicans too!
- South Beach, Miami, Florida – We can’t mention Florida beaches without including Miami. South Beach is the place in Florida for nightlife and entertainment, as well as just straight up people watching. You’ll likely start your night after 11:00 and catch the late afternoon sun in this unique always-summer beach city.
- Venice Beach, California – Speaking of people watching, Venice Beach is the West Coast’s place to grab a beach blanket and witness the action. A quirky surfer town, Venice Beach is also a great place to try out surfing at one of the many surf schools or just catch the sun setting into the sea.
- Corpus Christi/Padre Island, Texas – This area has become a popular Spring Break destination, but also includes the Padre Island National Seashore, a haven from the Texas sun. Sand dunes, grassland, and sandy beaches will have you thinking you are not in Texas anymore! You can rent a dune buggy and drive on the beach here and explore the over one hundred thousand acres.
Whether it’s time for surfing or having a sunset beach party, give one of these a try and hit the beach!
[su_button url=”http://www.vacation.com” target=”blank” background=”#4cd00e” size=”8″ center=”yes”]Find a travel agent near you to plan your getaway![/su_button]