Do you have members of your family who are absolutely car crazy and basically love all things having to do with automobiles? You know, the ones who are either in the garage tinkering under the hood of their latest project or sitting on the couch watching a NASCAR or Formula One race.
Well, if you’re heading out on a Celebrity Cruise to France with your beloved gear head, you may be concerned that they might not find floating around on a boat much to their liking. And there is also a chance they might even be a bit mopey and bring everyone’s mood down. Well, fear not — because there are ways to give your auto enthusiasts the bonding time with a motor vehicle they need to keep them happy and smiling.
Hit the Roads in a Ferrari
Nothing will bring a smile faster to the face of your auto enthusiast than taking an exciting ride in a Ferrari through the stunning French Rivera. And, depending on the package they select, they might even be able to take a turn behind the wheel of one of these magnificent Italian sports car.
Thes exhilarating excursions in France are available for Celebrity Cruise passengers in Cannes, France from the Villefranche docks. Pictured here is passenger and travel writer Julia Dimon.If you take Celebrity’s Ferrari adventure, your excursion will last one hour and will include:
- Pickup from the pier in your Ferrari
- A ride along the Promenade de la Croisette so you can enjoy viewing the lovely seashore
- A thrilling jaunt on the switchbacks of the Cote d’Azur
Cannes is one of the most gorgeous areas in all of France and makes the perfect backdrop for a ride in a Ferrari, the ultimate dream vehicle. And if desired, the one hour can be split between two riders,
The Villefranche Ferrari excursion option includes:
- Pickup from the Villefranche port where you can either climb into the driver’s seat or just enjoy a ride from the passenger side in a red convertible Spider Ferrari.
- Instructions on how to wheel this powerful vehicle if you decide that you want to drive the Ferrari yourself.
- A ride along the French Riviera’s Grand Corniche Road, which was the road that Grace Kelly driving on in the Alfred Hitchcock film, “To Catch a Thief.” The Grand Corniche Road, which links Nice to Monaco, offers spectacular views of the French Rivera’s coastline and the lovely hills of Provence.
- A cruise through Nice, including along the iconic Promenade des Anglais, which runs alongside the Mediterranean Sea.
The Le Mans 24 Hours Race Spectacular
Have you or one of your traveling companions always dreamed of attending the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which Autoweek calls the “world’s most famous sports-car race.” Then try to book your cruise to coincide with this incredible event that has been held every year since 1923.
This race is something you can’t truly appreciate just by watching it on television. You need to be able to hear the high-pitched scream of the cars, feel the way the ground trembles under your feet as they fly past you, and smell the strong scent of burning fuel and rubber. Photo from Wales Online, who covers the race extensively.
You can try to check out the race on your own or, if you’re lucky, you might be able to book a cruise that will arrange for that special 24 Hours of Le Mans trip you have always dreamed of taking.
Other car excursions might include one from Nice for the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix. And while Monaco is technically a sovereign city-state and a microstate, France borders it on three sides, with the fourth side being the Mediterranean Sea. This makes the tiny country a convenient stop for many cruise ships that have France on their itineraries.
These packages ranged from one-day ticket options with transfers to and from the ship to ones that also included a cruise representative escort and picnic lunch.
[su_button url=”http://www.vacation.com” target=”blank” background=”#4cd00e” size=”8″ center=”yes”]Find a adventure vacation specialist near you![/su_button]