Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises is redeploying its ultra-luxury yacht, Crystal Esprit, to the islands of the West Indies beginning in November of 2017 and all of 2018. The relocation is the result of overwhelming feedback from Crystal’s savvy guests and valued travel partners.
“The decision to reposition Crystal Esprit to the West Indies is one that was made with our guests’ expressed wishes in mind, as more luxury travelers seek curated adventure with the seamless ease and convenience that Crystal’s attention to detail provides,” says Crystal’s CEO and president, Edie Rodriguez. “While long coveted by celebrities and other selective travelers, the West Indies remain largely exclusive, hidden gems that will almost certainly top Crystal guests’ bucket lists.”
Crystal Esprit Itineraries
Sailing round-trip on Sundays from Marigot Bay, St. Martin, two distinct seven-day routes will alternate for easily combinable extended vacations. The ports of call are decidedly in line with access unique to a boutique yachting experience, with visits to the idyllic harbors of destinations long favored by travelers.
British Virgin Islands & Saint-Barthélemy Yachting Escape
Marigot Bay, St. Martin; Gustavia, St. Barthélemy; Anegada, Scrub Island (overnight), Jost Van Dyke, Great Harbor (overnight), Salt Island, Tortola/Road Town, Peter Island (overnight), The Indians, Virgin Gorda, Gorda Sound (overnight), British Virgin Islands
West Indies Yachting Explorer
Marigot Bay, St. Martin (overnight); Sandy Ground, Anguilla; Saba, Netherlands Antilles; Falmouth Harbor, Antigua & Barbuda; Nevis; Gustavia, St. Barthélemy (overnight); Orient Bay, St. Martin
Crystal Esprit Experience
Crystal Esprit carries just 62 guests in 31 suites, all of which are at least 223 square feet in size. The vast majority of suites onboard the ship – the 28 Yacht Suites – clock in at 280 square feet, while a single Category OS Owner’s Suite on Deck 2 will provide a roomy 515 square feet of space; a size unheard of on most expedition ships.
For a ship that’s only 269 feet long, Crystal Esprit really packs in the features. To start with, the ship boasts a gym with state-of-the-art Technogym fitness equipment; an outdoor pool; a marina and watersports platform with complimentary equipment for guests to use – including water skis, wakeboards, jet skis, kayaks and snorkeling equipment.
Crystal Esprit also includes two 10-passenger Zodiac rafts in order to get passengers ashore in remote locations, and bicycles are also available for personal excursions when ashore.
If that’s not cool enough, you might want to go for a ride in Crystal Esprit’s very own submersible, which holds three guests and one crewmember, and can descend to a depth of 1,000 feet below the surface. Crystal plans to offer guests 30-minute underwater tours on the submersible. Complimentary, no less.
When sailing aboard Crystal Esprit, guests are treated to expand their culinary tastes in a variety of venues:
- The Yacht Club Restaurant serves contemporary and classic specialties as well as innovative tasting menus created by Crystal’s award-winning chefs, all using the finest and freshest local ingredients available; serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The Terrace and Patio Caféoffers freshly prepared and, where possible, regionally inspired presentations of small plates, creative salads, gourmet charcuterie, cheeses and pastries; serving breakfast and lunch. (indoor/outdoor)
- The Grill features a menu of burgers, wraps and, location permitting, “global street food” served tapas-style to reflect the destinations visited.
- The Pantry is the “go-to” self-service bistro and wine bar open 24 hours a day with a curated selection of coffees, vintage wines, light snacks and freshly baked pastries; the perfect indulgence to satisfy your craving day or night.
Crystal Esprit All-Inclusive Features
The host of amenities included within each voyage is striking:
- Complimentary select fine wines, champagne and premium spirits throughout the yacht
- Open-bar service throughout the yacht
- Gratuities for all shipboard staff throughout the yacht
- Non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, specialty coffee drinks, soft drinks, fresh juices and Afternoon Tea service
- Welcome champagne
Bookings started in November for these new sailings, so don’t delay!