Couples looking for an adventurous start to their marriage may consider a honeymoon escape to the Land Down Under.
In order to make the most out of your Australian honeymoon, you and your new spouse might want to consider booking a cruise.
By cruising along the continent, you will have the opportunity to experience many magnificent cities and enjoy the local culture within each port. At the same time, you can relax in the splendor of the ship and soak up the romance of the moment.Here are just a few of the many tours, excursion and experiences you can enjoy in port:
As one of the largest and most well-known cities in Australia, Sydney is a must-see destination in almost every tourist’s itinerary. This is the port where you will want to focus on sightseeing, but there are plenty of opportunities to simply savor the moment with each other as well.
- To capture the iconic symbols of Sydney, begin your day at Circular Quay. Here, you can take snapshots of the Sydney Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and other fantastic architectural sites within the city.
- If you are hoping to relax with your love on the beach, then take some time out for Bondi Beach. Of course, this beach isn’t all about soaking up the sun and sipping beverages. This is your chance to surf like a pro, so don’t be afraid to take a lesson or two.
- Get a close up look at some native Australian species by scheduling a visit to the Taronga Zoo.
Airlie Beach is often included in cruise itineraries because of its proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsunday Islands. In general, this is going to be the stop where you can enjoy the lagoon and book water excursions.
- Take the opportunity to book a sailboat excursion. This is a peaceful way to get out on the water and spend some one-on-one time with your spouse on your honeymoon vacation. You’ll be amazed by the views, and you’ll love the moment even more since you will be in each other’s arms.
- Swim in the famous Airlie Beach Lagoon. It’s a man-made lagoon that is renowned for its picturesque views.
Port Douglas is where you will get to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of this land. It is located next to the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest, which are popular stops amongst tourists.
- Book a tour of the Great Barrier Reef. You can’t come all the way to Australia and not glimpse for yourself this natural wonder of the world. If you are an adventurous couple, consider snorkeling or scuba diving in the outer reef. If you’d rather just relax and enjoy the serene views, consider a sunset sailing tour. For a truly unique view, book a helicopter tour over the reef.
Brisbane is another metropolitan stop that allows you to experience the true culture of Australia.
- Take a stroll through the South Bank, where you are sure to find something that you enjoy. Parks, restaurants, cafes and leisure activities can be found along this walkway.
- Go kayaking — in the dark. You can schedule a tour to kayak along the Brisbane River after dusk. Your kayak is lighted, and you can see the glimmering lights of the city from a completely unique perspective.
- Sip on craft beers. Learn a little bit about the brewing industry in the city while you laugh about the memories you have made on your amazing honeymoon.
If you are a newlywed looking to plan the trip of a lifetime for your honeymoon, then Australia may be the destination to consider. This beautiful continent is filled with historic sites, breathtaking views, modern amenities and secluded spots where you can sneak in a few kisses.
An experienced travel agent can help you plan an Australian cruise itinerary that is personalized to fit your own interests and desires.
For more information on planning an incredible Australian honeymoon, find a local travel agent through our customize search engine.