In January, Americans chose Paris and Rome as the world’s most romantic cities. Now, Monograms’ Local Hosts are helping travelers take their Paris and Rome romances to the next level by weighing in on the best places to fall in love in each city.
Thanks to world-class dining, incredible wines, scenic landscapes and cobblestone streets, for as long as we can recall, Paris has been called the “City of Love.” And while love can blossom anywhere here, Monograms’ Local Hosts find these three spots to be the most romantic the city has to offer:
- Place Dauphine: At the tip of the Ille de la Cité, this is one of the prettiest and most romantic places in Paris. A tranquil spot where red brick buildings fade into gray cobblestoned paths, “intimate” and “secret” are two words that come to mind to couples strolling through this city square.
- Place de Furstenberg: Lit-up at night by a five-globe streetlamp, the Place de Furstenberg is one of the most picturesque and charming squares in the world. Here, travelers may feel like they can magically transport back to 17th century Paris, walking hand-in-hand at twilight.
- Luxembourg Garden: Perfect for couples looking for a quiet getaway within the city’s walls, Luxembourg Garden offers couples with 23 acres of formal terraces, chestnut groves and lush lawns: The perfect backdrop to fall in love.
Rome and romance: It’s almost as if the two words were meant to go together. Rome is a city that inspires love: From sunsets behind St. Peter’s dome to a midnight stroll past Trevi Fountain. Here are a few places Rome locals – also known as Monograms’ Local Hosts – chose as their favorite spots to fall in love:
- Trastevere: This medieval neighborhood is a favorite among locals, boasting romantic cobblestone streets and alleyways, dominated by the 12th century Basilica di Santa Maria.
- Pincio Hill: What’s more romantic than a panoramic view of the city, Popolo Square at your feet, a glass of wine and sunset?
- Cimitero Acattolico: A cemetery by American standards may not seem romantic, but this one is home to some of the most famous and important graves found anywhere in the world, including poets Shelley and Keats. Quote the latter while walking through beautiful monuments and ornate headstones: “Love is my religion – I could die for it.”
In a place where everything is foreign, Monograms promises to make European destinations both manageable and fun. When travelers choose to travel through Europe – with Monograms, they stay in the heart of the action thanks to a choice of hand-selected hotels; they get the VIP treatment by skipping lines at must-see sights and they arrive stress-free, thanks to transportation to and around their destination.
In addition, Monograms provides travelers their own, on-site Local Host® who helps them personalize their experience: A one-of-a-kind, featured component of every Monograms vacation.
Monograms offers travelers dozens of travel packages featuring Rome and Paris. Some of its most popular vacations include: A Week in Paris, Paris & Nice, London, Paris & Rome, Rome & Venice and Venice, Florence & Rome.
Ready for your romantic getaway?